The Carrara Markets are held every Saturday and Sunday from 7am to 4pm and can be found at the intersection of Gooding Drive and Manchester Road in the suburb of Carrara in the Gold Coast City region. The markets are one of the largest in the greater Brisbane region with over 500 stalls across 10 acres including both outdoor and indoor shopping.
At the markets you can expect to find the following
- A wide variety of fresh fruit and veg
- Poultry, meat and seafood
- Clothes, sunglasses, hats, watches, belts
- Local artists and designer wares including clothes, paintings and sculptures
- Pets, pet food and accessories
- Plants and outdoor decorations
- Rides for children including small ferris wheel, trampolines and pony rides
- Lukes Reptile Kingdom, a fun and interactive learning experience about some of Australia’s native reptiles and snakes. Touch the reptiles and have photos with a python.
- and much, much more
Parking at the markets is available in a large car park that is accessible off Manchester Road and the Carrara Markets provide their own public transport in the form of a tourist bus that services the Surfers Paradise and Broadbeach areas. A bus stop is also a short walk from the park near the Gooding Drive & Nerang Broadbeach Road intersection providing an alternative to the Tour Bus for public transport. For more information on public transport please visit Translink.
Some helpful links to the Carrara Markets
The Carrara markets offer a unique shopping experience in the greater Brisbane region with its large range of indoor stalls and also the popular and growing Luke’s reptile Kingdom and is worth a visit on the weekend.
To find activities and events in Brisbane visit our What’s On Brisbane Events Calendar.