Raven Street Reserve is a 33 hectare nature reserve located between Rode Road and Hamilton Road and along Raven Street in the suburb of Chermside West, Brisbane. The reserve is one of three connected nature reserves that make up an area known as the Chermside Hills Reserves with the other two reserves being Milne Hill Reserve and Chermside Hills Reserve.
The park is home to various trails, playgrounds, picnic facilities and the Downfall Creek Bushland Centre.
The Downfall Creek Bushland Centre is found at the Southern end of the reserve and is a resource centre for community action and learning in bushland and catchment care. The centre also holds events during the school holidays for children. You can find out more about the Downfall Creek Bushland Centre here.
A playground area, small basketball court, public toilets, covered picnic tables and electric barbeque facilities can also be found next to the Bushland Centre. The playground area includes large wooden play hut as the centrepiece with bridges to smaller huts, climbing spiders, bouncy chairs and slides.
A second playground area is also located in the Raven Street Reserve off Raven Street near the intersection with Walpole Street. This playground area is covered by a large shade sail and includes a climbing spider, swings and play hut with slide. A sitting bench and picnic table are found near the playground area.
Various trails also criss-cross the reserve including
- Banksia Track – This track heads North/South through the reserve and connects through to Milne Hill Reserve via a unique trail overpass across Hamilton Road. In the Northern section of the trail, views across homes is possible to the West. This track is of medium difficulty.
- Xanthorrhoea Track – Heading North from Creek Trail and connects through to the Northern end of Banksia track, this trail passes through native bushland and undergrowth.
- Senses Track – This short trail loops around from behind the Downfall Creek Bushland Centre and provides visitors with informational signage of sights along the trail. The track has been designed for people with special needs with braille signage and continuous handrails. An informational audio guide is also available for hire from the Bushland Centre. This track is of easy difficulty.
Creek Trail – A short 770 metre trail that leads to a platform that overlooks Downfall Creek providing an excellent viewing platform. This track is of easy difficulty.
Parking is primarily found at the Raven Street Reserve which can accommodate around 50 cars is available. Parking is also available along the Raven Street or at the Hamilton Road Quarry car park with access then via the overpass to the Raven Street Reserve. A bus stop is located adjacent to the Southern end of the reserve providing easy access by public transport. For more information on public transport please visit Translink.
Useful links for the Raven Street Reserve
- Further information on the Raven Street Reserve including map from the Brisbane City Council can be found here.
- Opencyclemap.org has a fairly good map of the trails and topography at Raven Street Reserve and can be found here.
- Reviews on Milne Hill Reserve and Chermside Hills Reserve.
Facilities At Raven Street Reserve
|The majority of the park is native bushland with a wide variety of native trees and shrubs.|
|Public toilets are found at the Downfall Creek Bushland Centre.|
|Various trails criss-cross through the park including
|The reserve is home to two playground areas. The main playground area is found behind the Downfall Creek Bushland Centre and includes a large play hut with bridges branching off to small huts, slides, bouncy chairs and a climbing spider.
A second playground is found off Raven Street near the intersection with Walpole Street and is covered by a large shade sail. It includes a play hut with slide and a climbing spider.
|Barbeque facilities and covered picnic tables are located near the Downfall Creek Bushland Centre.|
|Parking is primarily found at the Raven Street Reserve which can accommodate around 50 cars is available. Parking is also available along the Raven Street or at the Hamilton Road Quarry car park with access then via the overpass to the Raven Street Reserve.|
|A bus stop is located adjacent to the Southern end of the reserve providing easy access by public transport. For more information on public transport please visit Translink.|
|A small basketball court is found in the South of the reserve near the Downfall Creek Bushland Centre.|