We all know little girls love playing dress up and pretending to be all grown up like mom. Unfortunately, often times, they choose to play dress up with moms jewelry, clothes, and make up, which can quickly become frustrating, stressful and sometimes expensive if those items need to be replaced if damage. Here is a simple guide to create your little girls own dress up bracelets. These bracelets can provide your precious little girl with hours of fun playing pretend, can be worn as an inexpensive jewelry alternative, or can even be sold to teach your little girl valuable entrepreneurial skills. But, most importantly, can provide fun and creative quality time with mom and dad while making them!
- 3 strands of nylon line about 9mm each
- 1 clasp and jump ring
- 2 crimp beads
- 5 small beads in various colors
- 4 larger beads in various colors
- Clear tape
- Needle-nose pliers
- Pair of scissors
- Hold the three strands of nylon line together at one end.
- Slide on a crimp bead and then a clasp onto the top of the nylon line.
- Thread the top of the nylon line back through bottom of the crimp bead, and pull it tight so that the crimp bead is close to the clasp.
- With the pliers, flatten the crimp bead to stay in place. Using a pair of scissors, trim the excess line on the short end as close to the crimp bead as possible, you will need to leave the long end in order to string the beads.
- Tape the clasp to a table or have someone hold it in place.
- Braid the three lines together for half an inch, then string a small bead onto the middle line.
- Continue braiding for another half inch, then string a larger bead onto the middle strand.
- Repeat steps 6 and 7 until all beads have been strung onto the bracelet.
- Braid the nylon lines for another half inch.
- Finish the line with a crimp bead and jump ring
- Trim any excess line
- Wear and enjoy!!
- Try using different colored nylon
- Use different types of beads (ex. fish, flowers, opaque, translucent)
- Consider using charms to make a keepsake
- Vary the length of the nylon line to make anklets or a necklace
- String beads in random order to give and abstract and unique look