Have fun creating these beautiful keepsake craft stick jewelry boxes. Give away to family members as birthday or holiday gifts. Allow your child to decorate as they wish to add personality and uniqueness.
- Craft sticks
- Elmers’ glue
- White paint
- Glitter glue
- Plastic jewels
- Wax paper
- Put several craft sticks next to each other and touching on the wax paper. Be sure to line them up evenly.
- Glue two craft sticks on top of the others one at each end to hold the others together.
- Glue ends of two craft sticks to the ends of the sticks already in place to create a square.
- Repeat steps 1-3 to build up the sides as high as desired.
- Repeating steps 1 & 2 to create the lid.
- Allow to dry completely.
- Paint box using paint of desired color.
- Glue large bead to the center of the lid as a handle.
- Decorate with plastic jewels.
- Allow child to decorate with glitter or decals
- Write child’s name and the year on the bottom of the box to create a keepsake