Save money making homemade sidewalk chalk. Then enjoy by creating sidewalk artwork or a hopscotch pattern.
- Aluminum foil
- Disposable plastic container
- Plaster of Paris
- Toilet tissue tube
- Duct tape
- Liquid tempera paint
- Cover one end of the toilet paper tube with duct tape.
- Roll an 8- by-41/2-inch piece of aluminum foil and slip it into the toilet paper tube so that it lines the inside, fitting snugly.
- Set tube upright on a covered surface.
- In a disposable plastic container mix 1 cup Plaster of Paris with half a cup water.
- Stir slowly and thoroughly until plaster is thoroughly dissolved.
- Immediately add 3 tablespoons paint
- Spoon into the tube
- Tap gently so mixture is tightly packed into the toilet paper tube.
- Allow to dry overnight.