Mixing things up a little with our Free software review, this week we will be taking a look at a handy little free Android app available via the Google Android Market called Translink QLD Planner by developer Gunslinger. If you own an Android smart phone, and use public transport around Brisbane then this is probably one of the best little apps available on the market for you, and with the developer providing it free of charge, makes it even better.
The Translink QLD Planner hosts some of the following functions
- Auto locate your current location via your smart phone GPS
- Set time for ‘leave after’
- Select either bus, train or ferry or a variation of.
- Ability to save trips or parts of a trip including from location, to location, leave type, transport type, date and time. The ability to save is a great feature which allows you to quickly access locations or frequent routes to find times without having to re-type the address.
- Ability to track your go-card credit. No more getting on to a bus, to find that you have run out of credit.
- There are a multitude of other options available via the settings, even your walk speed to work out how long it will take to walk to the bus stop or station.
If you have an Android phone, and enjoy some of the flexibility that public transport offers. ie. No need to hunt around for parking in Brisbane’s CBD, then the Translink QLD Planner by the developer Gunslinger is well worth downloading.
You can download the app via your Android smart-phone market on your phone or via your computer here.
Below are some screenshots from the Translink QLD Planner.