The Chandler Markets are held every Sunday from 7am to 1pm at the Sleeman’s Sports Complex in Chandler, Brisbane. Entry is $1 which will give you access to over 200 stalls selling a variety of wares and services.
The Sleeman’s Sports Complex is one of Queenslands largest multi-sport complexes and provides a great place for the markets, which can be found sprawled around one of the large car parks with some of the stalls shaded by large aircraft styled hangers. The forested backdrop to the area also creates a relaxed atmosphere for a morning of outdoor shopping.
Being one of the larger markets in the Brisbane region, the Chandler Markets provide all the wares you would expect from a market including
- Fresh fruit and veg straight from the farms.
- High grade meat and poultry
- A mixture of international cuisines.
- A variety of coffee mixes to choose from
- Second hand items including vinyl records, clothes and more
- Local artist wares including handmade goods and paintings
- Trees and other assortment of plants
- Some live entertainment scattered throughout the market
- Imported products including gardening, handyman, toys and more
If you are travelling to the markets by car, the easiest access to the markets is via Tilley Rd and take the second entrance from Old Cleveland Road direction at a round-a-bout. Follow the ring road South and you will discover the markets. Be cautious when leaving the markets as well, as the ring road is one way which can be a little confusing.
Public transport is also an option when visiting the park with several bus stops located within the Sleemans Sports Centre. For more information on public transport options please visit Translink.
Although the Chandler Markets require one dollar entry per person, they still make for a great day out shopping, a place to find excellent bargains all in a relaxed outdoor environment. Just remember to bring a hat on a hot, sunny day as not all areas are shaded by the large plane hanger shaped shades.
To find activities and events in Brisbane visit our What’s On Brisbane Events Calendar.