Every Saturday from 6am to 1pm, the end of Blamey St is cordoned off to hold the Kelvin Grove Village Markets. Situated next to the Kelvin Grove Urban Village it provides an attractive and peaceful way to spend your Saturday while taking care of the fresh food shopping and maybe indulge in some ice-cream from the market as well. Although the market is one of the smaller in Brisbane, it still provides most of the neccessities including
- Fresh fruit and veg from the farms at lower prices than you woud expect to pay at a supermarket.
- Variety of cooked food and fresh drinks from vendors.
- Coffee to help kickstart the day.
- Musicians and street performers.
- Free parking is also available on the local streets.
- and more
So if you roll out of bed early on a Saturday morning and are wondering what to do, why not enjoy the cheerful atmosphere of Kelvin Grove Market, and maybe even save some money on the groceries. Highly recommended on a sunny Saturday morning.
For more information about this and other events, why not look through our What’s On Brisbane Events Calendar.